When I have a sweet tooth but want to satisfy it with a sweet treat that is relatively healthy, I love to snack on a chia pudding. This golden milk spin on it makes it more interesting with the slightly smoky taste of turmeric. There is a dispute in the scientific community over whether there is ample evidence that turmeric has an anti-inflammatory effect. I find, however, that when I consume turmeric after an intense workout (especially a strength training one), I experience less muscle soreness after, making this also a solid post-workout snack for me. Chia puddings may be a bit on the basic side, but I will never get tired of different spins on them! #ownyourbasic
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Further Food collagen powder (use discount code SLICEOFPAI10 for 10% off)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Pour almond milk into a small saucepan and over medium low heat.
- Add in coconut oil, turmeric, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cardamom, and sea salt and stir until ingredients are completely blended.
- Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool, then pour into a small mason jar and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in collagen until dissolved, then pour in chia seeds and quickly stir until distributed in mixture.
- Leave jar in fridge until the seeds have gelled and the chia pudding mixture is firm.
- Eat chia pudding topped with berries or nuts or whatever else you like!