I posted this rosemary turkey burger recipe on my Instagram account a few months ago and, even though it is one of the simplest recipes I have ever developed (with a few tweaks here), it still is one of my favorites for multiple reasons:
- My goal with my recipes is to make them both easy and flavorful, and this rosemary turkey burger recipe epitomizes that. I purposely avoid developing recipes involving complex techniques and esoteric or boring ingredients, because I want there to be a realistic chance that you will incorporate the recipe into your meal prep regimen AND actually crave the finished product. This recipe literally takes under 30 minutes, including both assembly and cooking time, and the fresh rosemary ensures that this is not a run-of-the-mill slightly seasoned, bland turkey burger. Plus these freeze well in zip seal plastic storage bags, so you can make a bunch at a time and take care of many of your meals for the month in one fell swoop.
- Have you ever looked at the ingredients labels of your average freezer section turkey burgers? It is kinda frightening. There are usually all sorts of hard-to-pronounce mystery additives listed and many times even a ton of sugar added. I must concede that Trader Joe’s does have a clean, Whole 30-compliant turkey burger product. When this recipe is so easy to make and—in my totally honest and objective opinion—way more delicious since it is made from fresh meat and herbs, why would you bother?
I feel like a burger without fries is just plain wrong, so I came up with this two-step sweet potato chip recipe that lets my go-to seasoning blend Paleo Powder Pink (Himalayan pink salt, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, white pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper) do the heavy lifting in the flavor department. It’s the perfect balance of salty and spicy, and I don’t even eat the chips with ketchup so I can taste all the seasonings packed in. All about the Keep It Simple , Stupid cooking life…
Rosemary Turkey Burgers
Ingredients (makes five small patties):
- 1 lb organic ground turkey meat
- 1 tsp freshly ground salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Primal Kitchen avocado oil
- 5 tbsp Primal Kitchen avocado oil-based mayo (for topping; optional)
- Mix by hand ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Form five small patties.
- Add avocado oil to a medium-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat, and place patties spaced out on pan once oil is hot.
- When patties are half-way done, flip and continue cooking until complete. The entire cooking process should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve each patty topped with a tablespoon of mayo.
Sweet Potato Chips
Ingredients (makes five servings):
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup Gold Nugget Ghee (use discount code SLICE10 for 10% off) (for brushing on potato slices)
- ½ cup Paleo Powder Pink (for sprinkling on slices)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel potatoes, cut off ends, and slice into ¼ inch thick circular disks.
- Brush both sides of each slice with ghee and sprinkle with Paleo Powder Pink.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- Roast the slices in the oven for 50 minutes, using tongs to flip half-way through.